PhD CEng FIMechE
Rob Lewis is the managing director of TotalSim.
Connect with Rob Lewis via LinkedIn.
He has a PhD from the University of Leeds and is a Fellow of the Institute of Mechanical Engineering,
In late 1997, Rob left FLUENT to start AdvantageCFD (A-CFD) with Adrian Reynard at Reynard Motorsports. A-CFD supported all of Reynard Motorsports designs from Champ Car to the BAR F1 cars. Rob grew the A-CFD organisation to 25 people by late 2006 when it was an essential part of Honda F1 aerodynamics department. AdvantageCFD succeeded in setting the standard in motorsport CFD from inception to its closure in 2007. The switch in focus away from any outside consulting by the Honda F1 Racing Team gave Rob and some of the team at A-CFD the chance to continue working with their clients by creating TotalSim Ltd.
Rob was as the forefront of CFD use within Formula 1 during 1990s and early 21st century at British American Racing and Honda F1.
Rob has been a guest speaker at numerous international conferences and symposiums.
Following his PhD in CFD, Rob has since worked at:
- TotalSim, Managing Director
- Advantage CFD, Manager (Owned by Reynard Motorsport, BAR and then Honda RACING F1)
- Fluent Europe, Project Team Leader
- Fluent Europe, Support Engineer
KEY SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- CFD theory,
- Race car aerodynamics,
- General fluid mechanics,
- Optimisation methods for CFD,
- Managing code development to enhance the CFD process,
- IT knowledge, particularly unix, and bespoke CFD related computer hardware,
- Management of a technical department; business management, accounting and business planning.
What we do…
- Aero is the future? An interesting article featuring @Chris_Boardman and @totalsim https://t.co/LEQ6XJXopA about 2 days ago from Twitter Web Client
- We will be running our popular Motorsport Aerodynamics Course on Friday 16th June. For booking form and info - https://t.co/IhZB0EkLgO about 1 week ago from Twitter Web Client
- The latest TotalSim newsletter can be viewed here #CFD #TotalSim https://t.co/DUJBmal8lR about 3 weeks ago from Twitter Web Client
- RT @axillium: World leading #test facility for the #UK is one step closer as #Catesby #Tunnel planning granted! https://t.co/2KsQRilpGp via… about 1 month ago from Twitter Web Client