TotalSim’s Rob Lewis Awarded OBE
TotalSim are pleased to announce that TotalSim’s MD Dr Rob Lewis has been appointed an Officer of the Order of the British Empire in the Queen’s Birthday honours list.
The OBE has been awarded for services to sport in recognition of Rob’s contribution to the performance of British athletes’ performance over the last 3 Olympic campaigns.
Rob was one of the founding members of the so called secret squirrel club, whose innovation has given Team GB cyclists a technological advantage and contributed significantly to their performance.
TotalSim has been lucky enough to help with many of Team GB performance sports, ranging from the cycling team to its Paralympic athletes.
Rob and TotalSim would like to thank those that have contributed to the work, without whom the advances in technology and the performance advances we have found would not have been realised.
A special thanks goes to:
- Chris Boardman, Matt Parker and the team at British Cycling.
- Dimitris Katsanis,
- Martyn Prince, Sandy Wright and the team at the Wolfson Unit,
- Philip Bond,
- Sally Cowan,
- Scott Drawer, Peter Bentley, Naomi Stenhouse, Alison Macpherson, Paul Barratt and the teams at UKSport and EIS.
Rob Lewis said “It is an honour to receive the title in recognition of the work TotalSim have done with the help of others to advance science in the field of Sport and help GB athletes.”
“The challenges around cycling aerodynamics are harder than F1 cars. It is great to be able to help solve these tricky problems and contribute to our athlete success.”
TotalSim look forward to continuing its pursuit of technological advantage for elite athletes in the years to come.
For further information please contact email@example.com
Note to Editors
Rob founded TotalSim and is the current Managing Director. Prior to that Rob was head of Advantage CFD which was the Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) department within the Honda/BAR F1 team.
Rob has continually pushed the boundaries of CFD and its application to both motorsport and elite level sport.
His depth of knowledge in aerodynamics and CFD methodology is extensive. He is a fellow of both the Institute of Mechanical Engineers and the Institution of Engineering and Technology, in addition to being a Visiting Professor in aerodynamics at Northampton University.
TotalSim Ltd is a leading Aerodynamics and Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) specialist, producing simulations of real world fluid flow problems for clients that include Aston Martin and British Cycling. Established in 2007, TotalSim was the natural replacement for the successful Advantage CFD consultancy that operated as part of the Honda Formula One team until 2006. The TotalSim head office is located in Brackley, UK, with two further offices in North America and Japan – www.totalsimulation.co.uk
- Find out more about TotalSim's latest tool to bridge the gap between CFD consultancy and in-house CFD departments… https://t.co/6jcKecaDIK about 10 hours ago from Twitter Web Client
- @TotalSimLtd are at @TheCVShow today with @John_Iley in attendance. If you want to see what we have been doing wit… https://t.co/i9bSCBvAb1 about 10 hours ago from Twitter Web Client in reply to TotalSimLtd
- RT @BBCSport: It looks like he enjoyed that! A roar of celebration from David Weir as he crosses the line for his eighth win at this race!… about 1 day ago from Twitter for iPhone
- RT @SilvTechCluster: Keep up to date with our Special Interest Group activity in #ComputerAidedEngineering, #DigitalManufacturing, #Metrolo… about 4 days ago from Twitter for iPhone