TotalSim Ltd are very pleased to announce a funding grant of nearly £150,000 from The Niche Vehicle Network for an R&D aerodynamic study into high performance, electric and hybrid vehicles.
Announced at the Low Carbon Vehicle show on the 9th September 2015 and called AERO-P (Aerodynamic Efficiency Requirements & Optimisation Project) it is a collaborative project led by TotalSim with partners Ariel and Delta Motorsport.
AERO-P will focus on three key areas of research and development:
- Minimising aerodynamic drag, while improving vehicle stability and safety, to reduce comparative CO2 emissions through innovative aero concepts and their application to low and medium volume road vehicles.
- Delivery of passive and active aerodynamic solutions to fulfil electric and hybrid electric cooling, heat and airflow management requirements to maximise vehicle efficiency and performance.
- Development of passive and active aero devices for vehicle safety, stability, control and braking, with technology and supporting systems which are cost effective and viable at low volumes.
This project will consider in detail the various specific aero requirements presented by high performance vehicles as well as the developing electric and hybrid electric sector.
The technology developed during the course of this project will have an initial route to market across both current and future Ariel product ranges. TotalSim and Delta Motorsport will also roll the findings out to their existing client bases and target new customers to promote the technology, systems and learning derived from the project.
We would like to take this opportunity to thank The Niche Vehicle Network and in turn Innovate UK and OLEV for the funding they are providing.
- RT @SilvTechCluster: Exciting times ahead as STC member @TotalSimLtd opens its Sports Engineering Hub for world class athletes, housing 2 w… about 6 hours ago from Twitter Web App
- RT @SilverstonePark: 'Olympic' standard!The opening of Silverstone Park's @SSEHub (sports engineering hub) was broadcast to c.800,000 peo… about 1 day ago from Twitter Web App
- We are currently looking for an enthusiastic developer to join our web-based CFD platform team. Interested? Please… https://t.co/VfJVXZHxoW about 1 day ago from Loomly
- Learn how @Learn_HyperMesh can accelerate your CFD pre-processing time by joining the @Altair_Inc webinar, featurin… https://t.co/kClglICp9e about 2 days ago from Loomly