Last Friday TotalSim ran it’s first course in Motorsports Aerodynamics.
The course was presented by Rob Lewis, John Iley and Ivor Annetts;
John Iley has worked in motorsport for 25 years, the last 18 years in Formula One. With specialisation in aerodynamics and technical management he has been involved in programmes that have won many races and Drivers/Constructors/Team Championships in F1, Indycar, Sportscars and GT.
Ivor is a Project Team Leader at TotalSim and RAE Visiting Professor in Motorsport Aerodynamics. He has over 12 years’ experience in CFD and motorsport aerodynamics working in many different classes including Formula 1, GT3 and the World Rally and Endurance Championships.
Rob Lewis is TotalSim’s Managing Director with extensive experience in CFD, Optimisation and Aerodynamic development in most forms of motorsport.
The course covered a variety of topics over the day including:
- What makes a fast car?
- Aerodynamic tools
- Aerodynamic principles
- CFD as a development tool
- Understanding and utilising CFD results
- F1 aerodynamics
- Development (Cycle, rate and delivery)
Feedback on the course has been very positive from the delegates and we are hoping to run another course in the Spring of 2017.
“I thoroughly enjoyed the course and found the content to be of a good level for anyone interested in the subject, thorough insight with well matched visuals for clarity”
“The methodology and optimisation sections were particularly useful for my studies this year which will be further supported by the insights into F1 aerodynamics, especially the approaches / design philosophies adopted”
“I want to thank you much for today’s training – it was a great experience for me and I have learned a lot”
To be on the mailing list for details of 2017 courses, as they’re released, please drop us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the “Course Info” in the title line.
- RT @Vorteqsports: Special guests @AzizulAWANG and Shah Firdaus from @TeamMsia popped in to see us this week after their recent success at t… about 1 month ago from Twitter for iPhone
- We are Hiring! We are looking for someone to join the team with immediate start (or close to it). We have various… https://t.co/Hrisw5yS38 about 1 month ago from Twitter for iPhone
- RT @HartreeCentre: We used advanced image recognition techniques with @TotalSimLtd – an aerodynamics + #CFD company – to understand vortex… about 1 month ago from Twitter for iPhone
- Its bobsleigh time! #cfd #aero #performancesport https://t.co/fAsHppBsXa about 1 month ago from Twitter for iPhone