Following the success of our One-Day Motorsport Aerodynamic Course last year, we are pleased to announce we will be running a further course on Friday 10th March at our offices in Brackley, Northamptonshire.
The course will be presented by John Iley, Iley Design, Professor Ivor Annetts, TotalSim and Dr Rob Lewis, TotalSim
John Iley has worked in motorsport for 25 years, the last 18 years in Formula One. With specialisation in aerodynamics and technical management he has been involved in programmes that have won many races and Drivers/Constructors/Team Championships in F1, Indycar, Sportscars and GT.
Ivor Annetts is a Project Team Leader at TotalSim and RAE Visiting Professor in Motorsport Aerodynamics. He has over 12 years’ experience in CFD and motorsport aerodynamics working in many different classes including Formula 1, GT3 and the World Rally and Endurance Championships.
Rob Lewis is Managing Director of TotalSim. Rob graduated from the University of Leeds in 1991 with a BEng Honours degree in Mechanical Engineering and subsequently again from Leeds in 1995 with a PhD in CFD. In 2007 Rob and others founded TotalSim Ltd which now employs 25 people in Brackley, Northamptonshire. Rob is a chartered engineer and a Fellow of the Institute of Mechanical Engineers.
The course will cover the fundamentals of aerodynamics and its application to race cars. Although the examples within the course will principally be F1 related, the underlying content will be appropriate to most forms of the sport. Spaces are limited and will be offered on a first come first served basis.
- What makes a fast car?
- Aerodynamic tools
- Aerodynamic principles
- CFD as a development tool
- Understanding and utilising CFD results
- F1 aerodynamics
- Development (Cycle, rate and delivery)
- Q&A – We would like to invite each delegate to submit one questions prior to the event, this will enable the best use of time on the day.
Full course details, including the booking form can be found here – Programme Booking Form T&C’s Motorsports Course March 2017 Places are limited and issued on a first come first served basis.
If you would like a booking form sent direct to your inbox or you have any questions, please send an email to email@example.com with “Course Booking Form” in the title box or call the office on 01280 840316.
Some of the feedback from last years participants:
I thoroughly enjoyed the course and found the content to be of a good level for anyone interested in the subject, thorough insight with well matched visuals for clarity.
I particularly liked the timetabling of the day, having those splits between subject matter was a good chance to network and internalise the content.
The methodology and optimisation sections were particularly useful for my studies this year which will be further supported by the insights into F1 aerodynamics, especially the approaches / design philosophies adopted.
- At the latest stocktake we just passed 4,300 cores and 31 TB ram with more on the way! #HPC #CFD #OpenFOAM https://t.co/Ze7YQmZz0E about 1 week ago from Twitter Web App
- RT @GSSArchitecture: We had an interesting visit to the new Innovation Centre at Charwelton this week, alongside @BBCLookEast (West), @Step… about 3 weeks ago from Twitter for iPad
- Another great feature on the Catesby Tunnel from @FgottenRelics #Catesby #Aero #WorldClassTestFacility https://t.co/hqI9Jy5lUS about 3 weeks ago from Twitter Web App
- Did anyone see us on the @BBCNews last night with the Catesby Tunnel? You can catch up now on iplayer ~16mins in.… https://t.co/dpuL5wVsZn about 3 weeks ago from Twitter Web App