The Catesby Tunnel is set to become the worlds premier full scale vehicle testing facility.
The tunnel is 2740m long with a huge 40m2 working section. The tunnel is perfectly straight with a gentle 1:176 constant incline.
The Catesby Tunnel will allow full scale vehicle testing in constant conditions due to the naturally stabilised environment generated from being underground. The tunnel will be fitted with automated turntables at either end to allow for return testing.
Repeatable, accurate, efficient and accessible.
The tunnel will be suitable for both automotive and motorsport applications and capable of testing:
- Vehicle Performance
- Vehicle Aerodynamics (drag and downforce/lift)
- Cooling performance
“The repeatability, accuracy and year round availability make it an ideal method of validation/bench marking to compliment the other aerodynamic tools. The lack of noise and level of realism are a step above the alternatives.” David Lapworth – Technical Director Prodrive
Catesby Tunnel is likely to become a worldwide benchmark for aerodynamic testing, capable of providing accurate and affordable full scale aerodynamic performance data. The project is in the planning phase to restore and convert the disused railway tunnel into the test facility. ARP have secured a long term lease for the tunnel and bought the land, including the approach cuttings.
For more details contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Aero can be a critical part of the design package, where thousandths of a second can be the difference between winn… https://t.co/FNsxHbqmuW about 9 hours ago from Loomly
- Anyone in need of a mannequin?🚴🏼♀️⛷🏃🏼♂️🏊🏾♀️🦆 https://t.co/3M8QYgRFRf about 5 days ago from Twitter for iPad
- @MSportLtd Congratulations! about 1 week ago from Twitter for iPhone in reply to MSportLtd
- Celebrating #CycleToWorkDay at the @SSEHub Performance Wind Tunnel, exploring office outfit aerodynamic performance… https://t.co/nnoohwcQlZ about 2 weeks ago from Loomly