The Catesby Tunnel is set to become the worlds premier full scale vehicle testing facility.
Catesby Tunnel now has its own website which can be found at www.catesbytunnel.com
More details can be found at the link below.
The tunnel is 2740m long with a huge 40m2 working section. The tunnel is perfectly straight with a gentle 1:176 constant incline.
The Catesby Tunnel will allow full scale vehicle testing in constant conditions due to the naturally stabilised environment generated from being underground. The tunnel will be fitted with automated turntables at either end to allow for return testing.
Repeatable, accurate, efficient and accessible.
The tunnel will be suitable for both automotive and motorsport applications and capable of testing:
- Vehicle Performance
- Vehicle Aerodynamics (drag and downforce/lift)
- Cooling performance
“The repeatability, accuracy and year round availability make it an ideal method of validation/bench marking to compliment the other aerodynamic tools. The lack of noise and level of realism are a step above the alternatives.” David Lapworth – Technical Director Prodrive
Catesby Tunnel is likely to become a worldwide benchmark for aerodynamic testing, capable of providing accurate and affordable full scale aerodynamic performance data. The facility is due to opn in summer 2021. ARP have secured a long term lease for the tunnel and bought the land, including the approach cuttings.
For more details contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- At the latest stocktake we just passed 4,300 cores and 31 TB ram with more on the way! #HPC #CFD #OpenFOAM https://t.co/Ze7YQmZz0E about 1 year ago from Twitter Web App
- RT @GSSArchitecture: We had an interesting visit to the new Innovation Centre at Charwelton this week, alongside @BBCLookEast (West), @Step… about 1 year ago from Twitter for iPad
- Another great feature on the Catesby Tunnel from @FgottenRelics #Catesby #Aero #WorldClassTestFacility https://t.co/hqI9Jy5lUS about 1 year ago from Twitter Web App
- Did anyone see us on the @BBCNews last night with the Catesby Tunnel? You can catch up now on iplayer ~16mins in.… https://t.co/dpuL5wVsZn about 1 year ago from Twitter Web App