The Catesby Tunnel is set to become the worlds premier full scale vehicle testing facility.
The tunnel is 2740m long with a huge 40m2 working section. The tunnel is perfectly straight with a gentle 1:176 constant incline.
The Catesby Tunnel will allow full scale vehicle testing in constant conditions due to the naturally stabilised environment generated from being underground. The tunnel will be fitted with automated turntables at either end to allow for return testing.
Repeatable, accurate, efficient and accessible.
The tunnel will be suitable for both automotive and motorsport applications and capable of testing:
- Vehicle Performance
- Vehicle Aerodynamics (drag and downforce/lift)
- Cooling performance
“The repeatability, accuracy and year round availability make it an ideal method of validation/bench marking to compliment the other aerodynamic tools. The lack of noise and level of realism are a step above the alternatives.” David Lapworth – Technical Director Prodrive
Catesby Tunnel is likely to become a worldwide benchmark for aerodynamic testing, capable of providing accurate and affordable full scale aerodynamic performance data. The project is in the planning phase to restore and convert the disused railway tunnel into the test facility. ARP have secured a long term lease for the tunnel and bought the land, including the approach cuttings.
For more details contact email@example.com
- RT @TeamSky: He's back in yellow! A huge swing on the GC sees @chrisfroome move into a 19-second lead at #TDF2017 #VaVaFroome https://t.co/… about 4 days ago from Twitter for iPhone
- RT @cranclive: Great to see there is light at the end of the tunnel for @totalsimltd state-of-the-art vehicle testing facility https://t.co… about 5 days ago from Twitter for iPhone
- A busy day in Brackley as parts of the tunnel are being delivered. #aero #TDF2017 #worldsfastestskinsuit https://t.co/VkdUsFevfg about 1 week ago from Twitter for iPhone
- We are recruiting; Junior IT Apprentice, great opportunity, gain a qualification and experience within the workplac… https://t.co/T11Rmnk89b about 1 week ago from Twitter Web Client