10 Dec 2015
December 10, 2015
The latest news from TotalSim in the world of Computational Fluid Dynamics.
Christmas Opening Hours
We would like to take this opportunity to wish you a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
The UK office will be closed from Christmas Day, reopening on Monday 4th January at 8.30am.
TotalSim are currently working on a new set of templates and the latest TS code release. The key features of the new 2.2.xE templates are:
- Additional functionality added to the meshing process to automatically refine regions of curvature and better extract featureEdges.
- A simple switch to change between non-cornering and cornering flow for automotive and motorsport applications.
- A SIMPLEC solver has been added with significantly faster convergence.
- Improvements to the various tools within the mesh, setup and solve scripts.
- Functionality to use convergence based upon the forces on a body/object rather than a fixed number of iterations.
The templates are in the process of being tested on in-house projects and will hopefully be ready for release early in the New Year.
In October TotalSim successfully launched its cloud based CFD platform, Bramble, for UniFi Motorsport’s F1 aerodynamics competition. Since then students based in the UK and internationally have run over 250 simulations in order to develop the performance of their cars. Whilst this has been going on, our developers have been working hard on adding new features to Bramble such as automatic case-checking and ride height changing making it ready for roll out on live consultancy projects within TotalSim in the New Year.
If you want to know more about how Bramble may be able to help you fulfil your CFD requirements then please contact email@example.com or follow the link below.
TotalSim have been working on implementing curvature correction into the k-Omega SST turbulence model. Results on an initial wing tip test case show some improvements in reducing vortex decay.
This may help improve correlation for flows where accurate modelling of the vortex size and strength is essential.
Niche Vehichle Network Update
Some flow vis around the Ariel Atom as part of our collaborative NVN project. More to come on this in the New Year.
If you are interested in a year’s internship in the Brackley office with leaders in the field of Computational Fluid Dynamics then please get in contact. We will be looking for someone to start in the summer of 2016. firstname.lastname@example.org
- RT @SilvTechCluster: Exciting times ahead as STC member @TotalSimLtd opens its Sports Engineering Hub for world class athletes, housing 2 w… about 6 hours ago from Twitter Web App
- RT @SilverstonePark: 'Olympic' standard!The opening of Silverstone Park's @SSEHub (sports engineering hub) was broadcast to c.800,000 peo… about 1 day ago from Twitter Web App
- We are currently looking for an enthusiastic developer to join our web-based CFD platform team. Interested? Please… https://t.co/VfJVXZHxoW about 1 day ago from Loomly
- Learn how @Learn_HyperMesh can accelerate your CFD pre-processing time by joining the @Altair_Inc webinar, featurin… https://t.co/kClglICp9e about 2 days ago from Loomly