10 Dec 2015
December 10, 2015
The latest news from TotalSim in the world of Computational Fluid Dynamics.
Christmas Opening Hours
We would like to take this opportunity to wish you a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
The UK office will be closed from Christmas Day, reopening on Monday 4th January at 8.30am.
TotalSim are currently working on a new set of templates and the latest TS code release. The key features of the new 2.2.xE templates are:
- Additional functionality added to the meshing process to automatically refine regions of curvature and better extract featureEdges.
- A simple switch to change between non-cornering and cornering flow for automotive and motorsport applications.
- A SIMPLEC solver has been added with significantly faster convergence.
- Improvements to the various tools within the mesh, setup and solve scripts.
- Functionality to use convergence based upon the forces on a body/object rather than a fixed number of iterations.
The templates are in the process of being tested on in-house projects and will hopefully be ready for release early in the New Year.
In October TotalSim successfully launched its cloud based CFD platform, Bramble, for UniFi Motorsport’s F1 aerodynamics competition. Since then students based in the UK and internationally have run over 250 simulations in order to develop the performance of their cars. Whilst this has been going on, our developers have been working hard on adding new features to Bramble such as automatic case-checking and ride height changing making it ready for roll out on live consultancy projects within TotalSim in the New Year.
If you want to know more about how Bramble may be able to help you fulfil your CFD requirements then please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or follow the link below.
TotalSim have been working on implementing curvature correction into the k-Omega SST turbulence model. Results on an initial wing tip test case show some improvements in reducing vortex decay.
This may help improve correlation for flows where accurate modelling of the vortex size and strength is essential.
Niche Vehichle Network Update
Some flow vis around the Ariel Atom as part of our collaborative NVN project. More to come on this in the New Year.
If you are interested in a year’s internship in the Brackley office with leaders in the field of Computational Fluid Dynamics then please get in contact. We will be looking for someone to start in the summer of 2016. email@example.com
- At the latest stocktake we just passed 4,300 cores and 31 TB ram with more on the way! #HPC #CFD #OpenFOAM https://t.co/Ze7YQmZz0E about 3 months ago from Twitter Web App
- RT @GSSArchitecture: We had an interesting visit to the new Innovation Centre at Charwelton this week, alongside @BBCLookEast (West), @Step… about 3 months ago from Twitter for iPad
- Another great feature on the Catesby Tunnel from @FgottenRelics #Catesby #Aero #WorldClassTestFacility https://t.co/hqI9Jy5lUS about 3 months ago from Twitter Web App
- Did anyone see us on the @BBCNews last night with the Catesby Tunnel? You can catch up now on iplayer ~16mins in.… https://t.co/dpuL5wVsZn about 4 months ago from Twitter Web App