Aerodynamic mapping and analysis
TotalSim has the ability to map the aerodynamic performance of vehicles over a range of:
- Ride heights (include roll, pitch, steer and yaw)
- Wing angles
- Gurney heights
Our bespoke aerodynamic mapping tools are quick to setup, fully automated and allow for rapid turnaround of CFD results.
Performance mapping tools are designed to manipulate the pre-processed CFD model without the need for complicated and time consuming CAD model updates.
In particular, we have developed a sophisticated ‘Ride Height Changer’ tool which can automatically update the geometry of the CFD model based on a given ride height setting.
‘Ride Height Changer’ applies kinematic translations and rotations of suspension and wheel components, to accurately represent the orientation of the vehicle undergoing roll, pitch or yaw. ‘Ride Height Changer’ is highly flexible, allowing the user to specify front and rear ride heights, roll, yaw and steer. This can all be automated for a number of flow conditions and configured for any suspension type.
We can also help with the analysis of the data, guiding you to optimise your car setup.
Email – email@example.com | Telephone +44 1280 840 316
Interested in receiving our newsletter? Use the sign up form below.
- At the latest stocktake we just passed 4,300 cores and 31 TB ram with more on the way! #HPC #CFD #OpenFOAM https://t.co/Ze7YQmZz0E about 4 months ago from Twitter Web App
- RT @GSSArchitecture: We had an interesting visit to the new Innovation Centre at Charwelton this week, alongside @BBCLookEast (West), @Step… about 5 months ago from Twitter for iPad
- Another great feature on the Catesby Tunnel from @FgottenRelics #Catesby #Aero #WorldClassTestFacility https://t.co/hqI9Jy5lUS about 5 months ago from Twitter Web App
- Did anyone see us on the @BBCNews last night with the Catesby Tunnel? You can catch up now on iplayer ~16mins in.… https://t.co/dpuL5wVsZn about 5 months ago from Twitter Web App