Aerodynamic mapping and analysis
TotalSim has the ability to map the aerodynamic performance of vehicles over a range of:
- Ride heights (include roll, pitch, steer and yaw)
- Wing angles
- Gurney heights
Our bespoke aerodynamic mapping tools are quick to setup, fully automated and allow for rapid turnaround of CFD results.
Performance mapping tools are designed to manipulate the pre-processed CFD model without the need for complicated and time consuming CAD model updates.
In particular, we have developed a sophisticated ‘Ride Height Changer’ tool which can automatically update the geometry of the CFD model based on a given ride height setting.
‘Ride Height Changer’ applies kinematic translations and rotations of suspension and wheel components, to accurately represent the orientation of the vehicle undergoing roll, pitch or yaw. ‘Ride Height Changer’ is highly flexible, allowing the user to specify front and rear ride heights, roll, yaw and steer. This can all be automated for a number of flow conditions and configured for any suspension type.
We can also help with the analysis of the data, guiding you to optimise your car setup.
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org | Telephone +44 1280 840 316
Interested in receiving our newsletter? Use the sign up form below.
- RT @SilverstonePark: #Flashback Sept 2019@BBCLookEast reports as the 'Olympic standard' Silverstone Sports Engineering Hub officially ope… about 18 hours ago from Twitter for iPhone
- @NimaShirani It took ~6000 core hours to mesh, solve and postpro. This example was solved on 192 cores in parallel. #CFD about 1 day ago from Twitter Web App in reply to NimaShirani
- RT @AMR_Official: We have won the 88th running of the 24 Hours of Le Mans!Take a bow @alexlynnracing, @Maxrtin1992, @HarryTincknell and e… about 2 days ago from Twitter for iPad
- @arfrahman @ScarbsTech Rounded shoulders are generally better for aero and if we could remove the contact patch that would be ideal! about 3 days ago from Twitter for iPhone in reply to arfrahman