The aerodynamic correlation between any form of testing and the actual race car can be a tricky challenge to solve.
Improving the performance of the car or bike on the track is the overall goal for all aerodynamic development.
As part of the development process, it is necessary to transfer the performance seen in a testing scenario onto the track. The form of testing can take many forms, including:
- CFD or Computational Fluid Dynamics
- Wind tunnel (scale or full size)
- Straight line testing
- Track testing
It can often be difficult to get numbers between all forms of testing and the real car to agree. This can be due to any number of reasons including:
- Differences in geometry
- Differences in testing conditions
- Manufacturing errors
- Testing errors.
TotalSim’s experience in the development cycle can help get to the bottom of your correlation issues. This may result in the modelling of your vehicle in the wind tunnel or under certain conditions to replicate those seen elsewhere or scanning parts of your vehicle for geometry comparison.
Improvement in correlation is an ongoing exercise and TotalSim are keen to help you improve your aerodynamic correlation between testing and track.
Email – email@example.com | Telephone +44 1280 840 316
Interested in receiving our newsletter? Use the sign up form below.
- RT @IMechEevents: Meanwhile in Birmingham, the @IMechE Simulation and Modelling 2019 conference starts with a busy keynote with Robert Lewi… about 3 days ago from Twitter for iPhone
- We love how this artwork has come out at the @SSEHub which was created by our in-house design team. Thanks for maki… https://t.co/QphwWlV5so about 4 days ago from Twitter for iPhone
- RT @DigiNorthampton: 🚴🏽♀️🚴🏽♂️ This morning we went to visit the mind-blowing @SSEHub, engineering high-performance technologies and sport… about 4 days ago from Twitter for iPhone
- Team building tonight for the @SSEHub group at @whiltonmill! Great fun! We even let one of our interns win! 🏆🏎🚀🍾… https://t.co/Od8XY73rHQ about 1 week ago from Twitter for iPhone