The aerodynamic correlation between any form of testing and the actual race car can be a tricky challenge to solve.
Improving the performance of the car or bike on the track is the overall goal for all aerodynamic development.
As part of the development process, it is necessary to transfer the performance seen in a testing scenario onto the track. The form of testing can take many forms, including:
- CFD or Computational Fluid Dynamics
- Wind tunnel (scale or full size)
- Straight line testing
- Track testing
It can often be difficult to get numbers between all forms of testing and the real car to agree. This can be due to any number of reasons including:
- Differences in geometry
- Differences in testing conditions
- Manufacturing errors
- Testing errors.
TotalSim’s experience in the development cycle can help get to the bottom of your correlation issues. This may result in the modelling of your vehicle in the wind tunnel or under certain conditions to replicate those seen elsewhere or scanning parts of your vehicle for geometry comparison.
Improvement in correlation is an ongoing exercise and TotalSim are keen to help you improve your aerodynamic correlation between testing and track.
Email – email@example.com | Telephone +44 1280 840 316
Interested in receiving our newsletter? Use the sign up form below.
- RT @HUUBDesign: Alistair Brownlee visited @Vorteqsports @SSEHub with HUUB, for hydro & aero refinement to help him become faster. Part of t… about 1 week ago from Twitter for iPhone
- RT @Vorteqsports: Happy new year to all from @Vorteqsports. We wish you all the best for 2020. #HappyNewYear #Tokyo2020 #Tokyoedition https… about 1 month ago from Twitter for iPhone
- @justine_william Hi Justine, apologies it appears this way to you. Unfortunately it has not been just ourselves in… https://t.co/Ph0Idxjwab about 1 month ago from Twitter Web App in reply to justine_william
- Work is progressing at the Catesby Tunnel. The bridge infill work, between the innovation centre and tunnel, has f… https://t.co/m2nbVlmXJZ about 1 month ago from Twitter Web App