Warning: A non-numeric value encountered in /home/customer/www/totalsimulation.co.uk/public_html/wp-content/themes/rttheme17-05072016/content_generator.php on line 123
In order to efficiently improve the performance of your race car or bike, you must first understand it.
Following simulation of your vehicle within a computational environment, TotalSim can provide you with a huge amount of information.
This may be as simple as reporting performance figures, but more usually this takes the form of a more detailed report or discussion.
TotalSim can use their vast experience in Aerodynamic Analysis and Development to help guide you in the relative performance of you vehicle and where development is likely to pay dividends. All development programs need to be efficient and maximising your performance increase, for a given budget, is what TotalSim is all about.
In addition to aerodynamic analysis we can also help you highlight cooling and thermal problems if required.
TotalSim have a huge variety of tools to help with our aerodynamic analysis, including:
- Pressure contour plots (used to show which parts of the vehicle are making drag, lift, downforce or thrust)
- Velocity contour plots (used to help spot unwanted regions of separation)
- X-Ray plots (Used to help determine where best to target development
- Drag and Lift Distribution plots (Again used to help determine where best to target development)
- Movies of pressure and velocity (Used to visualise flow structures and access performance)
Aerodynamic mapping can also be used to help improve and understand the performance of your vehicle. All too often development is carried out at a limited number of development attitudes. This can generate a vehicle that is sensitive to changes in attitude. Our performance mapping can help to isolate which parameters are sensitive. You can then use this information to help avoid these changes or if necessary carry out aerodynamic development as a remedial measure to reduce the sensitivity of performance to attitude and make the vehicle performance more consistent.