TotalSim have recently added 3D scanning to their list of products and services. TotalSim can now help you with all your scanning requirements. For a long time TotalSim outsourced their 3D scanning, but decided to take it in-house to better satisfy their customers’ needs, providing an efficient and cost effective service.
Whether you need 3D scanning for quality control or to reverse engineer and existing design – TotalSim can help.
TotalSim can help with a wide range of scanning applications:
- Automotive and Motorsport
- Sporting applications
- Quality control
Scanning can cost as little as a £100 depending upon location and complexity.
If you want to know what exactly what you already have then scanning maybe the answer.
A pdf of our scanning brochure can be downloaded here – TS_scanning Flyer
3D Scanning Technical Specifications
TotalSim have two scanners, the Artec Eva™ and the Artec Spider™. Both are capable of scanning multiple times a second at sub millimeter resolution. The Artec Eva™ has a field of view of up to 563mm by 371mm allowing it to scan large objects with ease.
The Artec Spider™ has a smaller field of view but is capable of scanning up to 7.5 times a second with a 3D resolution of 0.1mm and 3D point accuracy of 0.03mm.
The scanners also capture texture, allowing us to generate visually outstanding CFD movies with all the colours of the real object.
To see how quickly 3D scanning can be carried out and processed, please watch the short video at the bottom of the pages, that goes through the entire scanning process.
Scanning for CFD
TotalSim are experts in Computational Fluid Dynamics, CFD is at the core of our business. If you require scanning for CFD then there is nobody better suited as we know the level of detail required and so can capture your geometry accurately and efficiently.
We can help you capture and understand your design, before helping you improve it.
We can take geometry straight from the scanner, helping reduce your geometry capture and CFD costs significantly.
To find out more about how TotalSim could help with your scanning needs please contact us.
The video below demonstrates the process used by TotalSim to capture your geometries. Depending upon the size and complexity of your object/s we will choose the right scanner for the job, ensuring an efficient accurate capture.
Email – email@example.com | Telephone +44 1280 840 316
- RT @SilvTechCluster: Championed by STC members Rob Lewis @TotalSimLtd, Rob Roswell @WirthResearch & Mike Dempsey @ClaytexDymola, our #CAE… about 7 hours ago from Twitter Web Client
- Are you or do you know a full stack developer looking for a new challenge? https://t.co/mTbbvODtDJ #coding #CFD… https://t.co/x2NW0inYQS about 12 hours ago from Twitter Web Client
- RT @BBCSport: Two-time Formula 1 champion Fernando Alonso has announced his retirement from Formula 1 👉 https://t.co/FmEtHgLcBL https://t.c… about 1 day ago from Twitter for iPhone
- Full steam ahead!! You get to see the scale of this project when you see the heavy machinery dwarfed in the the tu… https://t.co/qET78oOH3q about 2 days ago from Twitter Web Client